Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Straight Lines

 Today in class (10/15/2013) Ms. Ange assigned an assignment where we had to draw a collection of straight lines that make up the initial letters of our first and last names on a coordinate grid.

We had to find the x/y interceps and the slope to make the first initials of our first and last names. On the left, these were the equations that I used.
On the first one (x=-13 {0≤y≤14} I found the x-intercept and put it on the desmos.com sheet. But there was a problem, if I only put x=-13 there would be a straight line going on forever so I had to put in restrictions, which are the "maximum and minimum" of where the points can be on.

1 comment:

  1. I really like your final product. What did you find difficult or challenging in this task? Did you learn anything new? Or did the task help you understand something with a bit more depth?

    ReplyDelete